So I’ve been trying to be healthy lately, as all of a sudden my holiday is 6 weeks away!! And I found this recipe for two ingredient pancakes – only banana and eggs! Quickly forgot all about it until I woke up starving with not much in for breakfast, and remembered this recipe! I had lots of eggs and a banana, and some strawberries to finish off! Oh my god – amazing. Don’t taste too banana-ery (is that a word?) but just enough to be able to taste it. I added a sprinkle of mixed spice because it’s what I had in, but you can add cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. I also served it with a drizzle of honey which I decided was better that fakey ‘no sugar’ syrup – and I could eat them all over again. The best bit is that it couldn’t be more simple – I love it when it’s easy!!
- 2 eggs, whisked.
- 1 banana, mashed.
- Oil for the pan – I used coconut!
- Berries for serving.
- All natural maple syrup
- Mixed spice, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
- Mash the banana up with a spoon or a fork or whatever you can find!! Mash it up with no lumps.
- Whisk the two eggs together in a bowl.
- Then add the mashed banana, and whisk together again.
- Put some oil on a low medium heat.
- Using approx. 2 tablespoons per pancake, spoon them into the pan.
- Flip them after a minute, or when the centre looks bubbly!
- Serve them with whatever berries you have in, and a little bit of syrup/honey!
This served two hungry people for breakfast/brunch, but could stretch to three maybe!!
I dare you to try it!